[Pulp-list] Pulp on Kubernetes

Michael Hrivnak mhrivnak at redhat.com
Mon Mar 19 12:59:59 UTC 2018

On Sat, Mar 17, 2018 at 10:52 AM, Martin Horák <horak.martin at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Michael.
> Thank you for the answer. You just copied my own thoughts. CephFS is
> certainly an option, I asked our Ceph admins for it, so If they provide
> some for me, I'll use it. As a backup scenario I thought about exporting
> RBD (Ceph block device) via NFS, but i'd rather avoid that - it's
> unnecessarily complicated, probably slow, error prone.
> Anyway I think I could still go with unshared storage. If I had all the
> containers using vlp volume in one pod. Of course I couldn't scale up
> workers then. It wouldn't be optimal solution, but maybe possible. What do
> you think?

The only problem I can think of is that when you upload content, an httpd
process receives the bits and needs to write them into /var/lib/pulp. If
you could avoid using the upload feature entirely, you'd be ok. Otherwise
you'll either need to run httpd also in the same pod, or find another
storage option.

--

Michael Hrivnak

Principal Software Engineer, RHCE