[Pulp-list] Pulp CLI feedback

Sebastian Sonne sebastian.sonne at noris.de
Wed May 23 13:00:25 UTC 2018

Hi there,

> - What commands or functionality in the CLI do you rely on the most?
Synchronizing and copying repos, most of them work through cronjobs now.

> - Are there things you wish the CLI had or did?
While there are repository groups, from my perspective nothing useful can be done with them. Being able to trigger background synchronization for a whole group instead of having to give the repos a specific name to grep and iterate through them would help a lot.
Another feature I highly miss is being able to pass the "—bg" flag to the repo copy operation. For now I have to sit there and press ctrl+c to have them distributed to the workers properly.

> - Why do you use the CLI over using the REST API directly?
Sometimes you just want to quickly do something instead of looking for the API documentation. Basically it’s faster

> - Do you strictly use the CLI or do you use other things like Katello or the REST API?
Most things are triggered via ansible

> - Would you prefer a CLI or a basic web UI?
A cli is always preferable, even if it only keeps the less experienced administrators too intimidated to try things on their own on production servers.

Regards,
Sebastian

--
Sebastian Sonne
Systems & Applications (OSA)

noris network AG
Thomas-Mann-Straße 16−20
90471 Nürnberg
Deutschland

Tel +49 911 9352 1184
Fax +49 911 9352 100
sebastian.sonne at noris.de

https://www.noris.de - Mehr Leistung als Standard
Vorstand: Ingo Kraupa (Vorsitzender), Joachim Astel, Jürgen Städing
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Stefan Schnabel - AG Nürnberg HRB 17689