[Pulp-list] Pulp CLI feedback

Kodiak Firesmith kfiresmith at gmail.com
Wed May 23 13:09:56 UTC 2018

 - Mostly we use pulp-admin when it's time to define new repositories,
update Red Hat CDN keys.  But we exclusively use 'pulp-admin' for all Pulp
management and would be lost without it if we had to come up with our own
curl commands.

 - I suppose I wish that in some cases it could be made a little bit more
clear, messing around with roles and permissions is esoteric enough that we
mostly wrap pulp-admin commands inside a bash script that takes repos,
users, and permissions as arguments or reads a multi-column text file in
for those particulars.

 - We use 'pulp-admin' because to us it's a lot easier than writing our own
scripts against the rest API.

 - We currently only run Pulp so we use 'pulp-admin' exclusively.

 - While a management dashboard might be nice, thinking about it
practically I would probably rather that the dev time be spent on making
pulp-admin 3x great and killing some of the backlog of longstanding issues
such as repoview being kind of dodgy.  That said, if it's not zero-sum, I'd
still be glad to see a management dashboard assuming I could properly lock
it up behind mod_auth_gssapi (using Active Directory and REMOTE_USER).

 - Kodiak