[Pulp-list] Pulp CLI feedback

Alejandro Cortina alejandro.cortina2 at gmail.com
Thu May 24 01:57:16 UTC 2018

> - What commands or functionality in the CLI do you rely on the most?
pulp-admin rpm repo sync status/run --repo-id=REPO

> - Are there things you wish the CLI had or did?
* A more *intelligent* cli? I am syncing a repo and I wanted to check
status so I type:

*  pulp-admin rpm repo sync status REPO *<- error
  oh right,
  *pulp-admin rpm repo sync status --repo-id=REPO*

  Would it be possible for the cli to catch the repo-id, task-id,
something-something-id without need to specify?

* a modifier to print status in the end of the sync run
I kick-off jobs with jenkins, and every time the progress bar moves or RPM
count is updated it creates a new line, making the jenkins console
unreadable

> - Why do you use the CLI over using the REST API directly?
I learnt to use the CLI and when I discovered the REST API I was already
used to the CLI.

> - Do you strictly use the CLI or do you use other things like Katello or
the REST API?
I normally use with Katello
I use CLI for specific tasks
I tried to use Ansible but pulp_repo module fails for bit syncs and the CLI
is solid
I use the REST API with jenkins to query sync results and send report to
our chat-room

> - Would you prefer a CLI or a basic web UI?
I love the cli and the commands I already have muscle memorized. A basic
web UI would be awesome but not as replacement.

Cheers,