[Pulp-list] Pulp CLI feedback

Konstantin M. Khankin khankin.konstantin at gmail.com
Thu May 24 06:56:07 UTC 2018

Hi David!

My deployment is quite small (10-15 repos, rpm/python, ~20 clients),
planning to also begin using puppet which is shipped with pulp-consumer
anyway and looking at using Docker registry in future.

- What commands or functionality in the CLI do you rely on the most?

rpm sync
schedules
managing own repositories (not synced with upstream)
managing python packages
managing subscribers (force remove, package installation)
managing repos

- Are there things you wish the CLI had or did?

I wish there was a command to remove packages from subscribers, not only
install. Another wish is package list differ for clients - would be happy
to dump custom scripts and use functionality shipped with the tools I
already use :)

> - Why do you use the CLI over using the REST API directly?

CLI is as simple as 'cmd arg arg' and is shipped with Pulp. API requires to
use other systems, write own scripts or play with wget/curl.

> - Do you strictly use the CLI or do you use other things like Katello or
> the REST API?

CLI only.

> - Would you prefer a CLI or a basic web UI?

CLI is good, basic web UI would be a good addition but is not necessary. I
had plans to create one myself but that in indefinite future still.

Thanks!

--
Konstantin Khankin