[Pulp-list] Scaling out Apache workers

Matthew Madey mattmadey at gmail.com
Mon Oct 22 15:38:26 UTC 2018

I'm working on scaling Pulp and looking for some examples of how to scale
out the apache workers. More specifically, what are the apache
configurations to set this up?

Currently I have a Pulp server connecting to external MongoDB and Qpidd
servers, and using NFS for the below filesystems on the Pulp server
/etc/pulp
/etc/pki/pulp/
/var/lib/pulp/

My use case is that I'm trying to replace a very large Spacewalk
environment w/ just Pulp.. I will have some environments that need to
support 10,000+ nodes with potentially 500-1000 concurrent connections.. so
I'm thinking scaling out apache is my best first step to handle requests.