[Pulp-list] Pulpcore RC3 is Available

Brian Bouterse bbouters at redhat.com
Fri Jun 28 17:23:01 UTC 2019

The pulpcore 3.0.0rc3 and pulpcore-plugin 0.1.0rc3 packages are available
on PyPI [0][1]. It includes many bugfixes, important usability
improvements, and a few backwards incompatible changes. We encourage users
to try RC3, through an RC3 compatible plugin on a non-production system.

# Release Notes

Check out the new, improved release notes!

pulpcore (user docs)  -
https://docs.pulpproject.org/en/3.0/nightly/changes.html#rc3-2019-06-28

pulpcore-plugin (plugin writer docs) -
https://docs.pulpproject.org/en/pulpcore-plugin/nightly/changes.html#rc3-2019-06-28

# Can I upgrade from earlier Release Candidates?

The migration had to be squashed again so you'll need to install RC3 on a
fresh database. Upgrading from earlier Release Candidates is not supported.

# What plugins are compatible with rc3?

Due to breaking changes, most plugins probably need to release compatible
versions against RC3. These new versions should be released next week.
Announcements
are expected to go out on pulp-list at redhat.com as the compatible plugins
release.

# How do I try this?

* Use pulplift ( https://github.com/pulp/pulplift ) which creates a VM for
you locally and runs the Pulp installer.
* Use the Pulp Installer ( https://github.com/pulp/ansible-pulp ) on a
machine you provisioned.

# What about client bindings?

Python [2] and Ruby [3] bindings are built+published to PyPI and rubgems.org
respectively. See [2][3] for details on usage.

# Where do I get help?

Ask questions via pulp-list at redhat.com or come into the #pulp channel on
Freenode for help.

Thank you to everyone who helped make RC3, and especially the push to
resolve the blockers at the end. Happy testing!

[0]: https://pypi.org/project/pulpcore/
[1]: https://pypi.org/project/pulpcore-plugin/
[2]:
https://docs.pulpproject.org/en/3.0/rc/integration-guide/index.html#python-client-for-pulpcore-s-rest-api