[Pulp-list] [breaking change] ansible-pulp3 git repo will be renamed to ansible-pulp

Mike DePaulo mikedep333 at redhat.com
Thu Mar 21 18:24:21 UTC 2019

On Thu, Mar 21, 2019 at 12:22 PM Bruno Rocha <brocha at redhat.com> wrote:

> Hi Austin,
>
> If in future we have a new ansible module to interact with Pulp in a task like
>
> tasks:
>    - pulp:
>          create: repo name=foo
>
> then, that module would be named "ansible-pulp" no?
>
> what if the current one has "installer" on the name to diff?
>
> ansible-pulp-installer, pulp-installer-roles or something like this?

Hi Bruno,

Are you talking about the current Ansible process for modules & roles,
or the future process for modules & roles?

In the current process, modules and roles are completely separate
namespaces. So they can have the same name.

In fact, roles exist in both galaxy & on github (with different repo
names usually). In large contrast, every single public module exists
within the "modules" subfolder of the "ansible" git repo (or they
exist as private modules within roles.)

You can even see one for "pulp_repo" under this category folder:
https://github.com/ansible/ansible/tree/devel/lib/ansible/modules/packaging/os

In the future process, they'll both be in galaxy, and they'll have
java-like FQDNs. (I was just talking to Ansible's James Tanner about
this.)

-Mike