[Pulp-list] Can the roles in ansible-pulp be in separated repositories?

Juan Cabrera juan.cabrera at unamur.be
Mon May 13 17:22:10 UTC 2019

> Does anyone have any thoughts on how to overcome either Juan's
> difficulties (with our current layout) or the ones we would have (with
> Juan's proposed layout)? I can think of Juan using symlinks with our
> current layout.
> -Mike

Thanks Mike,

Yes, you are right, now I use ansible-pulp as a submodule in a separated
directory in my git project and then I had symlinks in my roles directory.

The work flow in my university is to clone the project with roles from
our gitlab as submodules and external roles are installed using
requirements.

ansible

├── requirements.yml
├── roles
│   ├── pulp -> ../../submodules/roles-pulp/roles/pulp
(this is from ansible-pulp)
│   ├── pulp-content -> ../../submodules/roles-pulp/roles/pulp-content
│   ├── pulp-database -> ../../submodules/roles-pulp/roles/pulp-database
│   ├── pulp-dependencies    (this is a submodule from the gitlab repo)
│   │   ├── defaults
│   │   │   └── main.yml
│   │   ├── handlers
│   │   │   └── main.yml
│   │   ├── meta

├── roles.galaxy
│   └── geerlingguy.postgresql   (this is installed with ansible-galaxy)
│       ├── defaults
│       │   └── main.yml
│       ├── handlers

___