[Pulp-list] syncing content to a child server

Stefan Wiederoder stefanwiederoder at googlemail.com
Sun May 19 19:28:54 UTC 2019

Hello list,

I wanted to create several child server (distributed geographically) to
serve content to local systems.
So I started with the instructions from this posting:
https://pulpproject.org/2016/12/07/deprecating-nodes/

I've installed pulp on the first child server, created some repos with the
feed from my primary pulp installation
and synced the content. So far so fine .. but then I noticed that suddenly
I got all repos from my primary
when I issued "pulp-admin rpm repo list -s" ??
how's that possible?

my next step (a dumb idea) was to remove some repos on my child server, but
suprise ... they're gone on the primary too.

It seems I've missed something from the documentation ... is there any
advice about syncing to a child server in one direction only?
how can I configure this behaviour?   I'm using the latest pulp version 2.19

thanks
,
Stefan