[Pulp-list] name & short fields for erratum pkglist

Grant Byers grant.byers at gmail.com
Thu May 23 05:37:23 UTC 2019

Hi all,

I'm running into a problem when importing multi-release erratum (Pulp
2.19.0) via the REST API. It seems regardless of what I set name & short
fields to, they always end up set to name="collection-0", short="". For
example;

    metadata = {
        'pkglist': [{
            'name': repo.get('display_name'),
            'short': repo.get('id'),
            'packages': packages,
        }],
    }

where packages is a list of package metadata (name, version, release,
epoch, etc.), pkglist name in this instance is "CentOS-6 - Updates
(x86_64)" and short=centos6-x86_64-updates (both fields of the repository
I'm importing to).

However, when I use the /content/units/erratum/search/ REST endpoint to
retrieve the errata, I get the following;

  "pkglist": [
    {
      "packages": [
      ],
      "name": "collection-0",
      "short": ""
    }
  ],

Shouldn't I be able to set these?

If I try to import the same errata into a different repository with its
respective packages included in pkglist, those packages don't appear to
make it in. Looking at the model for ErratumPkglist, the unique key is a
composition of both errata_id and repo_id, so it probably doesn't matter
what I set the name and short fields too, but it would be useful regardless.

Any ideas on either of these issues?

Thanks,
Grant