[Pulp-list] Issues with using S3 storage when running pulp on Amazon EC2 (pulp3)

Dumont, Joey Joey.Dumont at nrc-cnrc.gc.ca
Fri Nov 1 18:25:33 UTC 2019

I've installed the latest pulp3 using the Ansible installer using the following playbook:

---
- hosts: mirrors
  vars:
    prereq_pip_packages:
      - django-storages
      - boto3
    pulp_use_system_wide_pkgs: True
    pulp_default_admin_password: !vault |
          $ANSIBLE_VAULT;1.1;AES256
    pulp_settings:
      secret_key: !vault |
          $ANSIBLE_VAULT;1.1;AES256
      default_file_storage: 'storages.backends.s3boto3.S3Boto3Storage'
      aws_storage_bucket_name: 'xxx-pulp-storage'
      aws_s3_region_name: 'ca-central-1'
      aws_s3_addressing_style: "path"
      media_root: '/pulp3/'
    pulp_install_plugins:
      pulp-file: {}
      pulp-rpm:
        prereq_role: "pulp.pulp_rpm_prerequisites"
        #      pulp-docker: {}
  roles:
    - pulp-database
    - pulp-workers
    - pulp-resource-manager
    - pulp-webserver
    - pulp-content
  environment:
    DJANGO_SETTINGS_MODULE: pulpcore.app.settings

I also set up an RPM repo that uses S3 for storage. However, when I try to sync, I get an AccessDenied error. I know the instance profile is correct, as I can upload objects from that instance using both the AWS CLI and Boto3 without specifying credentials.

How can I debug this further? Is there a way for me know what parameters are passed to the put_object boto3 call by the sync task?

Cheers,

Joey Dumont

Technical Advisor, Knowledge, Information, and Technology Services
National Research Council Canada / Governement of Canada
joey.dumont at nrc-cnrc.gc.ca<mailto:joey.dumont at nrc-cnrc.gc.ca> / Tel: 613-990-8152 / Cell: 438-340-7436

Conseiller technique, Services du savoir, de l'information et de la technologie
Conseil national de recherches Canada / Gouvernement du Canada
joey.dumont at nrc-cnrc.gc.ca<mailto:joey.dumont at nrc-cnrc.gc.ca> / Tél.: 613-990-8152 / Tél. cell.: 438-340-7436