[Pulp-list] pulp 3.6.1 from 3.3

Mike DePaulo mikedep333 at redhat.com
Thu Aug 27 15:00:38 UTC 2020

Hi Bin,

It sounds like you are using external postgres but included redis and
webserver, correct?

You could do that. However, we recommend you use the following roles list
instead on 3.6. It utilizes the smaller meta role `pulp_services`:
- pulp_redis
- pulp_services
- pulp_health_check
- pulp_webserver

`pulp_services` includes the 4 services themselves, as well as the
`pulp_database_config` role.
https://pulp-installer.readthedocs.io/en/latest/meta_roles/pulp_services/

- Mike

On Wed, Aug 26, 2020 at 5:20 PM Bin Li (BLOOMBERG/ 120 PARK) <
bli111 at bloomberg.net> wrote:

> We are upgrading from 3.3 with an external database. In our playbook, we
> used to include individual roles with "pulp_install_db: false". The
> pulp_all_services roles seems to install a new local database. Are we
> better off listing all roles in the playbook?
>
> Thanks

Mike DePaulo

He / Him / His

Service Reliability Engineer, Pulp