[Pulp-list] Pulp RHEL8 rpm installation

Winberg Adam Adam.Winberg at smhi.se
Thu Aug 27 18:45:32 UTC 2020

Hi,

We are currently running pulp2 on RHEL7 and I was looking to upgrade to pulp3 and move this over to our RHEL8 environment. To my surprise I discovered that rpm as installation method is no longer an option with pulp3 and there are no rhel8 rpm builds of either pulp2 or pulp3.

Our organization is relying quite heavily on RPM for CI/CD and automatic rebuilds of server. Ansible/pypi installations require Internet access and external docker/container images can also be considered a security liability (is in my org anyway). Sure, we can have local pypi indexes and such but Ansible/pypi as deployment method to me just does not feel very 'enterprisey'.

So I wanted to open this up for discussion. Anyone else out there hoping for rpm builds of Pulp for RHEL8 (or other dists)?

Regards,

Adam