[Pulp-list] Pulp RHEL8 rpm installation

Dennis Kliban dkliban at redhat.com
Fri Aug 28 14:52:04 UTC 2020

The pulp_installer supports installing from RPMs. Currently we don't
publish the RPMs, but the Katello project does include such packages in its
repository[0]. However, this repository only includes the plugins that are
used by Katello - pulp_file, pulp_rpm, pulp_deb, pulp_container,
pulp-certguard, and pulp-2to3-migration.

There is definitely a desire to eventually provide official Pulp RPMs in
our own repositories, however, that is not a focus at this time.

[0] https://fedorapeople.org/groups/katello/releases/yum/3.16/pulpcore/