[Pulp-list] Package list order in repodata files

Chris Taylor (chtaylo2) chtaylo2 at cisco.com
Tue Feb 4 02:31:44 UTC 2020

Hey, I’m on Pulp v2.21.

Use case is pretty simple. We have multiple, globally positioned pulp servers which are setup to replicate the master. We have a GSLB which route requests to the closest datacenter. Since each of the Pulp servers publish repodata/packages.xml.gz + others in a seemingly random order, the sha hash makes a different filename on each regional.  Trying to see if packages can be populated in alphabetical order so all the repodata folders are consistent.

You can easily replicate this. pulp-admin rpm repo publish run --repo-id <some_repo> --force   Each time you’ll get a different set of repodata files even though the content doesn’t change.