[Pulp-list] Pulp v3 Installation and testing

Sathasivam, Pradeep pradeep.sathasivam at hpe.com
Thu Feb 27 12:13:21 UTC 2020

Hi All,

I am not able to find a proper installation document for pulp v3. Using the current documentation at - https://docs.pulpproject.org/installation/instructions.html#ansible-installation-recommended I am not able to use REST APIs.

My use case for using Pulp is:

1.       Handle security patches for CentOS

2.       Handle CentOS updates (7.3 --> 7.4)

Can anybody point me to a proper documentation?

Also I am not sure if 'pulp-admin' and 'pulp-consumer' exists in Pulp v3. Please clarify.

My understanding is that all operations like:

1.       Registering consumer

2.       Creating repo

3.       Syncing repo

4.       Installing RPM package on a consumer

5.       Updating a consumer

Is all via REST API. Please confirm.

Regards.
Pradeep. S