[Pulp-list] pulp3 High availability and disaster recovery

Brian Bouterse bmbouter at redhat.com
Thu Jan 2 21:10:29 UTC 2020

Sorry for the late reply. Each component of Pulp itself can be deployed in
HA configurations. Of the services Pulp's processes depend on, Redis is the
one service that can't run as a full cluster because RQ doesn't support
that yet, so the best you can do is a hot-spare Redis that auto-fails over.
That isn't graceful failover so when traffic routes to your hot-spare Redis
it has to data and doesn't have the tasking system's data. Those Pulp tasks
would be cancelled, and Pulp would be immediately ready to accept new tasks
so they could be resubmitted, e.g. Katello resubmits some job failures I
believe.

More docs about this are here:
https://docs.pulpproject.org/components.html#architecture-and-deploying
More questions are welcome; sorry for the slow response. If you can see any
way to improve the docs and want to get involved, PRs are welcome!

-Brian