[Pulp-list] Feedback wanted on ansible-pulp support for handling multiple versions of pulpcore / plugins

Mike DePaulo mikedep333 at redhat.com
Fri Jan 10 04:39:34 UTC 2020

Hi Pulp users,

ansible-pulp (the ansible installer for Pulp 3 needs to handle the fact
multiple versions of Pulp 3 will soon exist, and the plugins have their own
releases at their own paces (with conflicting versions of pulpcore
required.)

After testing/research of how Python's pip package manager behaves, I wrote
an overarching design solution for variables to handle this.

I am proposing the entire solution now, but plan to implement the plugins'
`update` boolean, the `pulp_update` boolean, and other back-end code
changes by the time 3.0.1 is released on Tuesday 2020-01-14.

Please provide feedback on the PR itself:
https://github.com/pulp/ansible-pulp/pull/203

-Mike

--

Mike DePaulo