[Pulp-list] How to disambiguate different platforms?

Dennis Kliban dkliban at redhat.com
Tue May 19 09:44:32 UTC 2020

I am not very familiar with Debian/Ubuntu packages but I can speak for
RPMs. When you list or read a single RPM package[0], you can look at the
'release' field to determine which distribution it was built for. The
release is usually an integer followed by the platform. e.g. "1.el7" or
"3.f24".

[0]
https://pulp-rpm.readthedocs.io/en/latest/restapi.html#operation/content_rpm_packages_read