[Pulp-list] Pin pulp 3.3.1

Mike DePaulo mikedep333 at redhat.com
Fri May 29 14:35:41 UTC 2020

Hi Bin,

In the installer, as soon as pulpcore is installed, we generate and use a
pip "constraints" file for installing plugins. The constraints file says to
keep pulpcore at the version that was installed, so that the plugins never
upgrade pulpcore.

The version of pulpcore that is installed is determined by the installer
version. pulp_installer 3.3.1 installs pulpcore 3.3.1.

The reason why it is failing is because the new pulp_file 1.0.0 has been
released, and it requires pulpcore 3.4.0.

If you are re-running the installer against an *existing* installation,
make sure that *pulp_install_plugins* includes pulp_file, in one of these 3
ways:
pulp_file: {}

pulp_file:
  upgrade: false

# The only pulp_file version compatible with pulpcore 3.3.x:
pulp_file:
  version: "0.3.0"

If you are running the installer for a *new* installation, specify it with
the old pulp_file version:
pulp_file:
  version: "0.3.0"

Note that we will be adding documentation to pulp_installer on these
workflows shortly.

-Mike

On Thu, May 28, 2020 at 11:52 AM Bin Li (BLOOMBERG/ 120 PARK) <
bli111 at bloomberg.net> wrote:

> We got an error when rerun pulp_installer 3.3 after 3.4 is released.
> " pulpcore==3.3.1 (from -r requirements.in (line 1))", "
> pulpcore<3.4,>=3.3 (from pulp-rpm==3.3.2)", " pulpcore<3.5,>=3.4 (from
> pulp-file==1.0.0)"
>
> How do we pin the pulpcore to 3.3 for now since we haven't test 3.4 yet in
> our dev environment?
>
> Thanks

Mike DePaulo

He / Him / His