[Pulp-list] Pulp RHEL8 rpm installation

Winberg Adam Adam.Winberg at smhi.se
Thu Sep 3 18:37:25 UTC 2020

So I've been trying to install pulp3 on RHEL8 from the rpms hosted at https://fedorapeople.org/groups/katello/releases/yum/3.16/pulpcore/

I have not used the pulp_installer but have looked at it to make the install correctly.

However, I can't get the pulp services to start, I get the following error:

  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 787, in resolve
    raise DistributionNotFound(req, requirers)
pkg_resources.DistributionNotFound: The 'solv' distribution was not found and is required by the application

'python3-solv' is installed (it is a dependency for the 'python3-pulp-rpm' package). I don't know enough python to understand why this dependency is not found at runtime, has anyone seen this or knows what the problem is? Has anyone used the pulp_installer to install pulp3 on RHEL/Centos8 with rpms?

Thanks for any help!

//Adam