[Pulp-list] Simple use case of mirroring external repos in pulp3

Jim Davis JDavis at douglas.co.us
Mon Sep 21 20:27:03 UTC 2020

For some time now I have built up several pulp2 mirrors of various upstream rpm repos to make local updates run faster and to segregate environments. I do not require client registration so it is a dirt simple setup for basic OS patching. It is trivial to rebuild my rpm repositories if needed and to sync them as needed via scripts using pulp_admin.

I'm trying to figure out how to do this with pulp3 - and I'm still a bit puzzled. The pulp3 ansible deploy method is really quite slick. One issue down. Simply mirroring outside repos is quite common with pulp2 usage and documented everywhere in the webnets but not so much for pulp3. I realize the CLI went away but surely there must be some pulp2 to pulp3 task equivalence somewhere or maybe someone has real world examples written up already and hasn't yet published them. Searching/reading/searching gives me lots of information on complex issues around document versioning, history, plugins, API usage, pulp3 architecture, etc. For me this makes a simple migration to pulp3 more difficult for probably the easiest use case out there. Am I too early to the game to consider a move or is it all in front of me but in a million pieces!

Thanks

Jim