[Pulp-list] Simple use case of mirroring external repos in pulp3

Matthias Dellweg mdellweg at redhat.com
Tue Sep 22 11:10:48 UTC 2020

Hi Jim,
thanks for reaching out. I think the use case you are describing here is
best described in
https://pulp-rpm.readthedocs.io/en/latest/workflows/create_sync_publish.html#sync-publish-workflow
.
And yes it is necessary to sync, publish and distribute that repository to
have a mirror. Also this mirror will AFAIK republish the synched repository
in its own layout. (Anyone, please help me out if i'm wrong!)
We have recently discussed the possibility to republish synched repository
versions in a verbatim manner (including all files and original metadata in
their original relative location). Let us know if that is an important use
case for you.
As of the CLI for pulp3, it is in a very ealy poc/planning phase. But
personally, i would love to hear if you made any experience with using the
ansible modules in https://galaxy.ansible.com/pulp/squeezer (also
incomplete, but there are some for use with RPM facilities).
  Matthias