[Pulp-list] pulp_deb, I18n files missing

Quirin Pamp pamp at atix.de
Mon Feb 8 08:51:29 UTC 2021

Hi Adam,

If I have diagnosed this problem correctly, then there would not be any actual errors during either the sync nor the publish.
The reason is that the sync (silently) does not download/process all of the files that it should (if you will, the "feature" to process these files is simply missing).
The verbatim publisher is designed to simply publish everything that was downloaded as is and consider it a job well done (it does not do any integrity checking of the published repository), so no errors there either.

The error will therefore only be noticed once an actual APT client attempts to consume the published repository and notices the missing files.

>From a usage point of view, this is clearly a bug, and I expect we will fix this at some point, but it will probably take us some time (could be several pulpcore release cycles) to get around to it.

Kind regards,
Quirin Pamp (quba42)
Software Engineer, pulp_deb plugin maintainer, ATIX AG