[Pulp-list] epel syncs all advisories every time

Tanya Tereshchenko ttereshc at redhat.com
Wed Feb 10 13:45:17 UTC 2021

Hi Adam,

If you see this AdvisoryConflict for the migrated repos, please file an
issue https://pulp.plan.io/projects/migration/issues/new
Pulp2 managed advisories in a completely different way so there could be
pkglist discrepancies when trying to update them (because Fedora advisories
often refer to packages which are no longer in a repo)
We'll see if there is something we can suggest to fix those or if there is
a need to have a way in RPM plugin to overcome those in some user friendly
way.

As for the recreating of advisories, if it happens to *all* of them for
every sync, it seems like a Pulp RPM bug to me.
If it happens to many of them and you sync once a day at most, it seems to
be related to what you pointed out - the updated date in EPEL repos changes
very often.
I checked EPEL7 and EPEL8 and indeed, not all but the majority of
advisories there have today as their updated date.
If you try to sync two times in row, do you still see all advisories being
recreated?

Thanks,
Tanya