[Pulp-list] epel syncs all advisories every time

Tanya Tereshchenko ttereshc at redhat.com
Fri Feb 12 12:18:28 UTC 2021

Hi Adam,

Here is the issue to follow for the AdvisoryConflict
https://pulp.plan.io/issues/8249.
RPM folks discussed it in detail, and I believe this one should be fixed
soon.
There could be multiple reasons for advisory conflicts, but this specific
issue will likely cover your case.

I also filed a story https://pulp.plan.io/issues/8250 to cover other cases
for conflict resolution.
While your situation and a bug above ^^ is clearly a bug and there is a way
for Pulp to make a safe decision, with the remaining cases, only a user
could know for sure.
So we are not working on it and waiting if there is any demand for such a
feature. The solution won't be ideal, any automated conflict resolution for
the remaining cases would be under use-it-at-your-own-risk category.

Tanya