[Pulp-list] pulp_deb: how to add "Size" domain into index file "Packages"

Quirin Pamp pamp at atix.de
Wed Jul 21 07:24:20 UTC 2021

Sorry I did not reply to this sooner.

The missing Size field is a bug: https://pulp.plan.io/issues/8506
We are currently working on a fix: https://github.com/pulp/pulp_deb/pull/300

We believe the code changes are ready (still struggling with test coverage), so if you have a test setup that allows this you could try applying the changes as a patch.
Otherwise, we hope to add this fix to the next pulp_deb release soon.

You can also try to work around this problem by using the verbatim publisher for now (it is not affected by this problem, but it may not meet your requirements in other ways).
See: https://docs.pulpproject.org/pulp_deb/feature_overview.html#verbatim-publishing
And: https://docs.pulpproject.org/pulp_deb/restapi.html#tag/Publications:-Verbatim

I hope that helps,
Quirin Pamp (quba42)
Software Engineer, pulp_deb plugin maintainer, ATIX AG