[Pulp-list] Github Discussions

David Davis daviddavis at redhat.com
Tue May 25 17:49:03 UTC 2021

We've heard from the community about the amount of friction involved in
getting help with Pulp and one of the areas I think we could improve is
user communications. We currently run two mailing lists: pulp-list and
pulp-dev.

At today's open floor meeting, we talked about using Github's new
Discussions feature[0] to host these conversations instead. I've set up a
Discussion against pulpcore[1] for us to try but here's also an example of
a project that has a lot of threads[2].

I think the consensus was that we'd just keep pulpcore as our one and only
Github Discussions instance, which would serve as a replacement for
pulp-list and pulp-dev. I'd propose that we try this out for a bit and
eventually decommission our mailing lists.

[0] https://docs.github.com/en/discussions
[1] https://github.com/pulp/pulpcore/discussions
[2] https://github.com/vercel/next.js/discussions

David