[Pulp-list] content only server

Dennis Kliban dkliban at redhat.com
Wed Sep 22 00:15:27 UTC 2021

On Tue, Sep 21, 2021 at 4:29 PM Bin Li (BLOOMBERG/ 120 PARK) <
bli111 at bloomberg.net> wrote:

> Does anyone know if there is an option to only enable the content server
> in the pulp_installer? I think I could skip pulp_database and
> pulp_database_config and disable systemd api, worker, redis service once it
> is installed. Just wondering if there is a better way to do this. The
> content only server will share the storage and db with the primary server.
> We are planning to have multiple servers to distribute the load and achieve
> high availability.

You should follow the instructions here[0]. There is an example playbook
that only runs the `pulp_content` role[1] (which depends on the
`pulp_common` role).

[0]
https://docs.pulpproject.org/pulp_installer/customizing/#separate-servers-for-each-and-every-service
[1] https://docs.pulpproject.org/pulp_installer/roles/pulp_content/