Re: [Rdo-list] securing services

Dave Neary wrote:
Hi,

You might be interested in this presentation from Adam Young during the
last OpenStack Summit - it addresses many of your questions, I think:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueYUsYky_UI

I've seen it, thanks.

My question was really postgres vs mysql. It seem that most Fedora Openstack docs recommend using postgres and yet most upstream and RDO use mysql, so I was just trying to target my initial efforts appropriately. I think Adam would prefer I work on postgres first.

The ultimate goal is to come up with some puppet scripts that can be run after enrolling an Openstack host into IPA that will secure its services. This is going to be fairly simple in the one-host environment I'm starting on, more complex when services are running on separate machines. This will be my first foray into puppet.

thanks

rob

Cheers,
Dave.