Re: [Rdo-list] RDO forum unanswered posts

On 06/26/2013 03:15 AM, Sandro "red" Mathys wrote:

Well, maybe do the same that works with bugs (e.g. done with bugs that affect a Fedora release that's going EOL, or with Fedora package review requests that go stale): After it's been "answered" (i.e. has any kind of response), wait <some amount of time>, then post a please-let-us-know-if-this-is-still-an-issue note and if nothing follows, again after <some amount of time>, mark as resolved. I imagine that can be automated with some scripting-fu. Note that it should ideally be possible to un-resolve a thread again.

If you do have the email address, you could also post the note to the OP directly instead of spamming the forum (to avoid the notes bumping the stale thread to the front page again and drowning newer threads by doing so).

I'll poke around to see if there's a forum (Vanilla) plugin that already does this, or similar, before attempting to implement this myself.

--
Rich Bowen
OpenStack Community Liaison