[Rdo-list] Glance Image list not working after Keystone SSL setup

Rob Crittenden rcritten at redhat.com
Mon Apr 14 13:02:52 UTC 2014

Devendra Gupta wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have configured keystone to SSL and also update the endpoint in
> service catalog. Keystone operations like endpoint/tenant list working
> fine. I also update glance-api.conf and glance-registry.conf files
> with ssl enabled keystone details but still glance is unable to find
> images. It fails with following:
>
> [root at openstack-centos65 glance(keystone_admin)]# glance --insecure image-list
> Request returned failure status.
> Invalid OpenStack Identity credentials.
>
> Please see attached keystone.conf, glance-api.conf and
> glance-registry.conf and debug output of glance image-list and
> endpoint list.

The auth_uri in glance-api.conf is wrong. It should be
https://openstack-centos65:5000/v2.0

If you set cafile in that section you should be able to do this without
--insecure, assuming that openstack-centos65 is the CN value in the
certificate subject of the keystone server.

The admin_tenant_name is usually singular, service rather than services,
but it can vary by how you installed things.

rob