[Rdo-list] CentOS 6.5 Guest image file available now

Steven Dake sdake at redhat.com
Sat Jan 18 23:43:05 UTC 2014

On 01/17/2014 03:20 PM, Karanbir Singh wrote:
> hi Guys,
>
> Worth noting that we are going to be pushing OpenStack specific images
> in a few days as well from the centos.org side; These are also the
> images we will work with vendors to upstream into various public
> openstack offerings.
Karanbir,

Would you be opposed to adding the heat-cfntools RPM in the pre-built
CentOS image that is OpenStack specific?  We do this for Fedora 20+ as
well as RHEL 6.5.  The RPM is very small and has only one dependency
IIRC and has no init scripts or any default startup that would result in
breakage of the software.

Also, I'm unclear if your planning to add cloud-init to the image, but I
would highly recommend cloud-init for your default images and this is
mandatory to have Heat + CentOS + OpenStack integration.

The heat_cfntools package is necessary for using Heat with Openstack
guest images.

If your not opposed, I've copied Jeff Peeler (Heat Core developer) to
sort out the implementation details from an engineering perspective.

Regards
-steve