[Rdo-list] [OFI] Recap from last week

Jason Rist jrist at redhat.com
Mon Mar 24 15:51:52 UTC 2014

A bunch of us got together in Brno, CZ and cranked through some of the
core needs for the OpenStack Foreman Installer, AKA Staypuft!

Some big progress:
1.) Using 'wicked' gem, we got much of the wizard tied together,
creating underlying relevant OpenStack hostgroups, made each step tie
with one another, and created a relevant deployment model upon
completion of the 3rd step.  This also includes listing deployments
(currently only 1), and the ability to delete a deployment and
associated hostgroups.
2.) mtaylor, mhulan and pchalupa made huge progress on the DynFlow
orchestration of the OpenStack deployment, to the point of successfully
launching a (mis-configured) OpenStack deployment that was able to be
opened in a browser.
3.) Big demo that we did on Friday showing our progress.

If interested, I can post the DynFlow video (ogv) somewhere.

Thanks from the Staypuft team,
Jason

--
Jason E. Rist