[Rdo-list] Permission denied errors after installing a Storage Node in a Swift Cluster

Diogo Vieira dfv at eurotux.com
Tue May 6 17:47:56 UTC 2014

On May 6, 2014, at 11:06 AM, Pádraig Brady <pbrady at redhat.com> wrote:

> On 05/06/2014 09:47 AM, Diogo Vieira wrote:
>> On May 6, 2014, at 2:53 AM, Pádraig Brady <pbrady at redhat.com <mailto:pbrady at redhat.com>> wrote:
>>
>>> What version of swift are you using?
>>>
>>> swift-1.13.1.rc2 could have permissions errors,
>>> while we included a patch in the RDO icehouse swift-1.13.1 release to fix
>>> http://pad.lv/1302700 which on first glance could be related?
>>>
>>> thanks,
>>> Pádraig.
>>
>> I'm using 1.13.1-1.fc21 (I'm using Fedora) as you can see:
>>
>>    # yum info openstack-swift
>>    Loaded plugins: priorities
>>    196 packages excluded due to repository priority protections
>>    Installed Packages
>>    Name        : openstack-swift
>>    Arch        : noarch
>>    Version     : 1.13.1
>>    Release     : 1.fc21
>>

>> So the fix should already be present right?
>
> Yes, must be something else so.
>
> thanks,
> Pádraig.

That's unfortunate then. One thing's for sure: these errors aren't supposed to happen right?

If someone else has any idea of what could be the problem I would greatly appreciate since this is a recurring problem (even between different Openstack  and Packstack versions, since it was tested in Havana and Icehouse).

Thank you very much,
Diogo Vieira