[Rdo-list] Automatic resizing of root partitions in RDO Icehouse

Sandro "red" Mathys red at fedoraproject.org
Thu May 8 11:27:00 UTC 2014

On Tue, May 6, 2014 at 11:52 AM, Elías David <elias.moreno.tec at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I would like to know what's the current state of auto resizing the root
> partition in current RDO Icehouse, more specifically, CentOS and Fedora
> images.

I don't see how the OpenStack version matters for this, so if Icehouse
does something special, ignore what I say.

Fedora's official F20 images support it through cloud-utils (i.e. the
cloud-utils-growpart package):
http://fedoraproject.org/get-fedora#clouds

Upstream of cloud-utils:
https://launchpad.net/cloud-utils

You can also find the kickstart file used to create the images here:
https://git.fedorahosted.org/cgit/spin-kickstarts.git/tree/fedora-cloud-base.ks

I think cloud-utils uses sfdisk (mbr) or sgdisk (gpt) for the actual
resizing, so anything those tools support should probably be supported
by growpart.

-- Sandro