[Rdo-list] What is a correct RDO repository to setup AIO Havana on F20 ? (2)

Kashyap Chamarthy kchamart at redhat.com
Thu May 15 09:54:19 UTC 2014

On Thu, May 15, 2014 at 02:48:57AM -0400, Boris Derzhavets wrote:
> It sounds good, but how to manage on currently running Havana Multi Node

Sorry, I don't follow the above "how to manage", please rephrase. If you
want access to packages I outlined the repos below.

> Neutron OVS&GRE System on F20? I have already submitted to this list
> problems with http://openstack.redhat.com/Upgrading_RDO_To_Icehouse
> I got negative results attempting this upgrade on CentOS 6.5 been posted
> at
> https://ask.openstack.org/en/question/29460/attempt-to-upgrade-aio-havana-to-icehouse-on-centos-65-vm-on-libvirts-subnet/
>
> That's why I am concerned about ability to test
>         http://openstack.redhat.com/Upgrading_RDO_To_Icehouse
> before applying Upgrade Instructions to Real System.

If you have snapshotting abilities, I'd suggest you take a snapshot of
both your nodes, perform the upgrade. If something goes catastrophically
wrong, roll back.

If you're using QCOW2 images (and a reasonably new QEMU/libvirt on
host), simplest is to use the QEMU internal named snapshots (these can
be live/offline, but offline is more robust):

    $ virsh snapshot-create-as el6vm snap1 "Havana setup"
    $ virsh snapshot-revert el6vm snap1

--
/kashyap