[Rdo-list] Can't ping/ssh to new instance

Eric Berg eberg at rubensteintech.com
Tue May 20 17:17:21 UTC 2014

I've done a fresh install of RDO using packstack on a single host like this:

   packstack --allinone --provision-all-in-one-ovs-bridge=n

And then followed the instructions here:

http://openstack.redhat.com/Neutron_with_existing_external_network

I've also generally followed Lars's approach from this video with the
same lack of connectivity: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGf-ny25OAw

My public network is 192.168.20.0/24.

But I'm not able to ping or ssh from my 1902.168.0.0 network, the host
running OpenStack is at 192.168.0.37.

My instance is up and running with a 10.0.0.2 IP and 192.168.20.4
floating IP.

I can ping 192.168.20.3, but not 192.168.20.4.

I can use the net namespace approach to log into my cirros instance, but
can't get to 192.168.20.0/24 hosts.

This is my first OpenStack install.   I'm a little confused at how a
stock installation (based on packstack) could somehow not include the
ability to access the VMs from the network on which the OS compute host
is running.

Any help troubleshooting this would be greatly appreciated.

Eric

--
Eric Berg
Sr. Software Engineer