[Rdo-list] Simplest Icehouse Implementation Architecture

Eric Berg eberg at rubensteintech.com
Thu May 29 19:31:09 UTC 2014

I'm working toward implementation of a small RDO cloud which should be
quite minimal.  We will be running < 25 VMs with very low utilization,
which will not change very often and which will basically just run to be
available.

I have two hosts with plenty of RAM and disk, and can get others as
required.

The initial expectation as communicated to me was to just use two hosts
that we already have.  I'm not sure if that's a realistic architecture,
but it seems from my reading that I might want at least a separate
control box if not also have the network box be separate if not on the
same as the control host.

So, are either of the following architectures sufficient for a
development environment?

Option 1.

- Two hosts to handle the entire cloud

Option 2.