[Rdo-list] RDO Juno with Foreman on CentOS or Fedora

Mike Burns mburns at redhat.com
Thu Oct 30 21:35:49 UTC 2014

Hi Arash

On 10/30/2014 04:41 PM, Arash Kaffamanesh wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> Has anyone tried to deploy Juno with Foreman on CentOS 7 or Fedora 20?
> As I can see, staypuft supports currently CentOS 6.5 and Fedora 19:
> https://github.com/theforeman/staypuft

AFAIK, there has been very little testing with either Foreman (assuming
you mean the astapor/openstack-foreman-installer stuff here) or Staypuft
on top of Juno.  There is a fair amount of work ongoing to update all
the puppet classes to support Juno, but I don't know that it's all 100%
complete yet.

As for Staypuft, you can deploy it on CentOS 6.5 and then use it to
deploy OpenStack to CentOS 7.

There has been minimal/no testing done against Fedora for either the OFI
or Staypuft deployment methods.

> If Juno is currently not supported by foreman, can I go with staypuft
> for Icehouse?

This should work for you.  I know there have been others who have done
this with some success.  If you do run into issues, please raise them
either here on rdo-list, or on Freenode in the #staypuft or #rdo channels.

Thanks

Mike