[Rdo-list] Unable to access metadata service

brian lee brian at brianlee.org
Thu Aug 13 14:06:34 UTC 2015

When I am starting a VM, it is not able to connect to the metadata service.
My layout is a three node setup, with a controller (where the metadata
service is), a network node, and a compute node.

The VM is starting and getting a IP address from the nova network service
on the network node. While watching the VM start, it then tries to connect
to the metadata on the 169.254.169.254 address. After a bit it switches to
10.34.106.1 address, which is our privet address space for the VMs.

Has anyone seen this problem before?
--Brian