[Rdo-list] PackStack Robustness across reboots

Javier Pena javier.pena at redhat.com
Tue Aug 18 08:41:45 UTC 2015

----- Original Message -----

> Hi Haikel, I don't know if this counts as a bug or not but on Centos 7, after
> packstack is run successfully, "openstack-keystone" is not started [inactive
> (disabled on boot)]. The log for keystone shows the error "...Address
> already in use".
>
> Workaround ( source ) :
> Apparently httpd reserves the ports 5000 & 35357 during the packstack setup.
> So the ports (Listen 5000 & Listen 35357) have to be commented out in
> "/etc/http/conf/ports.conf"
> Then both httpd & keystone service have to be restarted using systemctl.
>
> Result:
> openstack-status shows openstack-keystone to be active

Actually, this is not a Packstack bug.

Packstack configures Keystone to run inside httpd as a WSGI service, but openstack-status does not notice and keeps saying it is not started. The workaround steps you mentioned only revert that and make Keystone run as a standalone eventlet service.

Regards,
Javier