[Rdo-list] RDO bloggers: Week of August 31st

Rich Bowen rbowen at redhat.com
Mon Aug 31 20:35:16 UTC 2015

It's been a very quiet week in RDO blogs. If you're writing about RDO,
or about OpenStack on CentOS, Fedora or RHEL, and you're not on my list,
please let me know!

Scaling NFV to 213 Million Packets per Second with Red Hat Enterprise
Linux, OpenStack, and DPDK by Andrew Theurer

There is a lot of talk about NFV and OpenStack, but frankly not much
hard data, showing us how well OpenStack can perform with technologies
like DPDK. We at Red Hat want to know, and I suspect many of you do as
well. So, we decided to see what RDO Kilo is capable of, by testing
multiple Virtual Network Functions (VNFs), deployed and managed
completely by OpenStack.

... read more at http://tm3.org/25

ZooKeeper part 2: building highly available applications, Ceilometer
central agent unleashed by Yassine Lamgarchal

The Ceilometer project is in charge of collecting various measurements
from the whole OpenStack infrastructure, including the bare metal and
virtual level. For instance, we can see the number of virtual machines
running or the number of storage volumes.

... read more at http://tm3.org/26

Rich Bowen - rbowen at redhat.com
OpenStack Community Liaison
http://rdoproject.org/