[Rdo-list] RDO packaging / CI

Alan Pevec apevec at gmail.com
Wed Dec 2 10:02:34 UTC 2015

> This would actually have been my follow-up question. Especially the
> interaction with koji/bodhi seems to be unclear. Where can I find more
> information or join the discussion about the changes you mention.

Right here on rdo-list and #rdo IRC meeting every Wed 1500 UTC (agenda
at https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/RDO-Packaging )

I'll try tl;dr current RDO build workflow and let David fill-in CI
part on top of it:
rpm-<release> branches on github/openstack-packages are tracking
OpenStack <release>
and rpm-master branch is chasing trunk i.e. currently
Mitaka-in-development changes.
Delorean instance[1] checks every 5min for changes in both upstream
source repositories and rpm-* packaging repo and builds RPM packages
periodically.
CI jobs run with lesser frequency against latest Delorean repository
and promote it when it passes both Packstack and RDO-Manager tests.

Formal builds are done in CBS Koji instance, provided within CentOS Cloud SIG[2]
Until Liberty we had 1:1 mapping for OpenStack/Fedora releases so we
were using Fedora branches as distgit, f22=Juno,  f23=Kilo. Starting
Liberty, we're moving distgit for CBS builds to rdo-liberty branches
on github/openstack-packages e.g. [3] where changes from corresponding
rpm-* branch are cherry-picked.
For build promotion we're not using Bodhi. RDO release managers
(currently me and Haikel - number80 on Freenode) manually tag builds
in CBS Koji for testing[4] which triggers automated publishing to the
testing repo[5]
<insert CI against testing repo here>
After builds in testing are verified, release managers tag them for
release[6], which again triggers nightly signing and publishing
procedure to the production repository[7].
Details of sign&push including automatic announcement email are
currently under discussion on centos-devel list/IRC channel.

Cheers,
Alan

[1] http://trunk.rdoproject.org/centos7/report.html
     Delorean code: https://github.com/openstack-packages/delorean