[Rdo-list] nova boot problem

Ivan Chavero ichavero at redhat.com
Fri Dec 4 20:11:24 UTC 2015

Hello,

I've upgraded my test OpenStack setup from Juno to Kilo and i got this
problem when i try to boot an instance:

"message": "Cannot load 'supported_hv_specs' in the base class

i'm not really shure what's the problem my guess is that some python modules
didn't get upgraded...

thanks for the help,
Ivan

this is the full output:

# nova show test_rhos7_2
+--------------------------------------+--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| Property                             | Value                                                                                                                                                              |
+--------------------------------------+--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| OS-DCF:diskConfig                    | MANUAL                                                                                                                                                             |
| OS-EXT-AZ:availability_zone          | nova                                                                                                                                                               |
| OS-EXT-SRV-ATTR:host                 | -                                                                                                                                                                  |
| OS-EXT-SRV-ATTR:hypervisor_hostname  | -                                                                                                                                                                  |
| OS-EXT-SRV-ATTR:instance_name        | instance-00000008                                                                                                                                                  |
| OS-EXT-STS:power_state               | 0                                                                                                                                                                  |
| OS-EXT-STS:task_state                | -                                                                                                                                                                  |
| OS-EXT-STS:vm_state                  | error                                                                                                                                                              |
| OS-SRV-USG:launched_at               | -                                                                                                                                                                  |
| OS-SRV-USG:terminated_at             | -                                                                                                                                                                  |
| accessIPv4                           |                                                                                                                                                                    |
| accessIPv6                           |                                                                                                                                                                    |
| config_drive                         |                                                                                                                                                                    |
| created                              | 2015-12-01T05:17:13Z                                                                                                                                               |
| fault                                | {"message": "Cannot load 'supported_hv_specs' in the base class                                                                                                    |
|                                      | Traceback (most recent call last):                                                                                                                                 |
|                                      |                                                                                                                                                                    |
|                                      |   File \"/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/oslo_messaging/rpc/dispatcher.py\", line 142, in _dispatch_and_reply                                                     |
|                                      |     executor_callback))                                                                                                                                            |
|                                      |                                                                                                                                                                    |
|                                      |   File \"/usr/lib/python2.7/site-pa", "code": 500, "details": "  File \"/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/nova/conductor/manager.py\", line 671, in build_instances |
|                                      |     request_spec, filter_properties)                                                                                                                               |
|                                      |   File \"/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/nova/scheduler/utils.py\", line 337, in wrapped                                                                          |
|                                      |     return func(*args, **kwargs)                                                                                                                                   |
|                                      |   File \"/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/nova/scheduler/client/__init__.py\", line 52, in select_destinations                                                     |
|                                      |     context, request_spec, filter_properties)                                                                                                                      |
|                                      |   File \"/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/nova/scheduler/client/__init__.py\", line 37, in __run_method                                                            |
|                                      |     return getattr(self.instance, __name)(*args, **kwargs)                                                                                                         |
|                                      |   File \"/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/nova/scheduler/client/query.py\", line 34, in select_destinations                                                        |
|                                      |     context, request_spec, filter_properties)                                                                                                                      |
|                                      |   File \"/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/nova/scheduler/rpcapi.py\", line 120, in select_destinations                                                             |
|                                      |     request_spec=request_spec, filter_properties=filter_properties)                                                                                                |
|                                      |   File \"/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/oslo_messaging/rpc/client.py\", line 156, in call                                                                        |
|                                      |     retry=self.retry)                                                                                                                                              |
|                                      |   File \"/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/oslo_messaging/transport.py\", line 90, in _send                                                                         |
|                                      |     timeout=timeout, retry=retry)                                                                                                                                  |
|                                      |   File \"/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/oslo_messaging/_drivers/amqpdriver.py\", line 350, in send                                                               |
|                                      |     retry=retry)                                                                                                                                                   |
|                                      |   File \"/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/oslo_messaging/_drivers/amqpdriver.py\", line 341, in _send                                                              |
|                                      |     raise result                                                                                                                                                   |
|                                      | ", "created": "2015-12-01T05:17:14Z"}                                                                                                                              |
| flavor                               | m1.medium (3)                                                                                                                                                      |
| hostId                               |                                                                                                                                                                    |
| id                                   | 5ef26d8d-5dbd-4ef4-b2c0-634e297eba79                                                                                                                               |
| image                                | RHOS-7.1-Template (cb52ab5e-08ee-4017-8a18-c93ba3b6eb10)                                                                                                           |
| key_name                             | -                                                                                                                                                                  |
| metadata                             | {}                                                                                                                                                                 |
| name                                 | test_rhos7_2                                                                                                                                                       |
| os-extended-volumes:volumes_attached | []                                                                                                                                                                 |
| status                               | ERROR                                                                                                                                                              |
| tenant_id                            | 54d208f5565c4727a1ad77a3922eac26                                                                                                                                   |
| updated                              | 2015-12-01T05:17:14Z                                                                                                                                               |
| user_id                              | ef9ec2ef62af4b4e9ef29fdfe1113fc9                                                                                                                                   |