[Rdo-list] Guidelines for announcing releases

Rich Bowen rbowen at redhat.com
Mon Dec 14 17:37:04 UTC 2015

I wanted to draw folks' attention to
http://community.redhat.com/blog/2015/12/guidelines-for-announcing-software-releases/
- particularly the people that are involved in packaging and the Cloud SIG.

In brief - what we do, as a project, is release software packages, and
we need to do a good job of telling the world what we're releasing, and
why they should care. (FWIW, I think the last few times we've done a
really great job.)

We've also got a very slimmed-down version of Brian's article at
https://www.rdoproject.org/rdo/release-checklist/ but Brian gives a
really thorough treatment of what can can, should, and shouldn't do,
when it comes to a new release.

Rich Bowen - rbowen at redhat.com
OpenStack Community Liaison
http://rdoproject.org/