[Rdo-list] Manually Install RDO packages

Tom Buskey tom at buskey.name
Wed Jul 15 19:05:41 UTC 2015

I had to do an internetless install but still wanted to use yum.

Roughly:

   - 1st, I installed a minimal OS
   - set yum to cache everything.
   - install packstack, etc w/ internet access.
   - copy the yum cache off

   - 2nd, install a new minimal OS
   - disable existing yum repos
   - use the yum cache copy to create a repo
   - Use yum repo priorities to make your local repo 1st.
   - Install all the repos from before
   - disable all the repos except yours
   - Use yum priorities to make all the other repos lower than yours
   - install packstack, etc.  Yum will go to your repo 1st.
   - disable all repos except your local again

Packstack installs some repos.  It will also enable repos that you have
disabled.  They's why the priorities are needed.

If you connect up the the internet and there are newer versions in the
packstack enabled repos, they will be found and installed during
packstack.  You might need to go back & recreate your local repo in this
case.