[Rdo-list] Adding RDO to CentOS ISO

sad man asadxflow at gmail.com
Mon Jul 20 09:36:55 UTC 2015

Hi, I am trying to add RDO packages to CentOS ISO for my GSoC project but
the installer fails at "starting package installation". I would be grateful
if someone can identify the error in my method.

My steps (I copy contents from CentOS minimal DVD to folder "ISO"):
1. Copy all RPMs (+ dependencies) from CentOS mirror
<http://mirror.centos.org/centos/7/cloud/x86_64/openstack-kilo/> into
"Packages" folder of minimal CentOS ISO.
​2. Edit "comps.xml"​ from repodata folder on ISO and add my custom group
"Cloud" with all the packages (there are 671 packages for Cloud, whose
names I get from filelist.xml from cloud's repodata folder). I also add
this group to category "minimal install".
3. Create new repo:
createrepo -g /root/comps.xml    -o <ISO>/     /<ISO>/Packages/

This creates a repodata folder in <ISO>.

4. Create new ISO using geniso.

​I am attaching my comps.xml file.
​
​Error: The installer gets stuck at package installation and then gives an
error:
"error populating transaction after 10 retries, failure erlang-sd.rpm from
anaconda,    no more mirrors to try​"

​PS: I gather RPMs and dependencies following Tom Buskey's guidelines
<https://www.redhat.com/archives/rdo-list/2015-June/msg00103.html>.​

--
Cheers,

Asadullah Hussain