[Rdo-list] Update to Quickstart guide

Rich Bowen rbowen at redhat.com
Fri May 1 19:11:01 UTC 2015

On 05/01/2015 01:30 PM, Will Yonker wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I did an install of RDO on one of my Linux boxes.  Our default setup has
> root logon through SSH disabled.  Perhaps is should be mentioned in the
> prerequisites section of the quickstart guide that root logon should be
> enabled in /etc/ssh/sshd_config (PermitRootLogin yes)?

This is certainly the case by default on CentOS. Where were you
installing where it wasn't the case?

I'm reluctant to try to have the QuickStart compensate for every
possible local customization, or we'll have to call it just Start
instead. ;-) But perhaps a linked "more details" document that we can
link to specific section of, through the QuickStart?

It's already drifting in that direction (ie, not so Quick actually), and
we need to figure out a way to get it back down to being Quick, while
still having more details available for everyone that has special needs.
Suggestions always welcome. (Which will, of course, be easier once we
have the site in Git rather than in Mediawiki.)

Rich Bowen - rbowen at redhat.com
OpenStack Community Liaison
http://rdoproject.org/